Thursday, January 29, 2009

Field trip :: Inspiration magnification

Today took on a life of it's own. There wasn't even any arguing with the fear of heights to brave the tram system and explore the new Baroque age exhibit at The Getty. Though the collection was on the smallish side, it was certainly breathtaking to say the least.

And i came home energized :)

Framing is just as important as the painting itself. The 300 (and plus) year old carved wood gilded and gessoed frames i saw today made my eyes glow wide eyed.

I love antique frames..
Here are some i have meticulously hunted down and plan to use in the near future:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sasha Foster said...

hello Lola, I came across your stuff in Juxtapoz earlier this week and was awed. Your paintings are magically breath taking! I myself am a second year illustration major and would only hope to have something in juxtapoz one day. You are a true inspiration!

p.s. I'm extremely jealous of your frame collection! I'm curious where abouts you found such extraordinary frams... garage sales? antique shops? online?

thanks for your time
sasha